c. 1938-1942 Crisa 5-Gallon Glass Water Jug

c. 1938-1942 Crisa 5-Gallon Glass Water Jug

120.00

Crisa, a glass manufacturing company, was founded in Monterrey, Mexico in 1936 and first began production in 1938. The company later opened two other centers in 1957 and 1987. Ten years later, Libbey Inc. acquired 46% of Crisa and the remaining 54% by 2006. Now, Libbey is one of the world’s leading glass manufacturers, and is known for featuring a wide variety wares that are both pressed and blown.

This large pressed glass jug is one of Crisa’s earlier models, and has a recognizable checked pattern embossed around the entirety of the glass. Its blue tint is what makes Crisa glass rare and valuable, as the vast majority of tinted aqua glass was made no later than 1935. The glass boasts irregularities, swirling, and bubbles that all add to the unique quality of the vessel. Its base is very clearly marked “CRISA” and below it, embossed, “NET 5 GAL, 18.9 LTS” and “BOTTLE MADE IN MEXICO”.

  • Maker: Crisa Glass Manufacturing (now: Crisa Libbey México)

  • Material: Blown glass, aqua-tint

  • Epoch: 1938-1942

  • Dimensions: 19.5” x 11”

  • Procurement: Royal Oak, Michigan

  • Origin: Monterrey, Mexico

sold out
Add To Cart

Revival features a rotating selection of vintage items, antiques & collectibles that are sourced with affection from around the world.

In suit with our philosophy, Revival believes in the sustainability of loving those things already in existence, and in finding new and creative ways to use the treasures we inherit or acquire.

We've researched each item to ensure that the story behind every one is proudly told to the best of our knowledge. We're intrigued by the marks that tell their history, and love the enhancements that time adds to each piece.

At Revival, we discover the gems that others have forgotten, we choose them because they're special and set apart, and we promote their lovability and functionality. We aim to reframe these finds to showcase their beauty and purpose, so that they can captivate your heart as they have ours.


Please allow up to 7 business days to process and ship. Click here for more about Revival Studio Co.’s Shipping, Privacy & Policies.